Other Resources by Topic
Use the tabs below to find College of Arts & Sciences resources, including Lunch & Learn presentation slides, handouts and reference guides.
Please see the links below for access to various CAS Reporting Systems.
- College Annual Report (Current: for reporting 2010 and forward)
The following systems are restricted to on-campus or VPN connections:
- College Data
- SAS Visual Analytics from the School Reports tab in Infoporte
- College Annual Report (Historical read-only use)
- Arts & Sciences Foundation Acknowledgement Letters Report
- Instructional Workload (formerly Staffing Workload)
- Non-Personnel System
- Common Authorization Tool
- College Distribution Group Manager (formerly College List Manager)
- Sources & Stewardships
Below you will find the resources presented during our ConnectCarolina trainings presented by the College. You will find resources, such as student guides, practice exercises, cheatsheets, quick reference cards, and answers to parking lot questions from our trainings.
To view our parking lot questions and answers, please click here.
Campus Journals (Journal Entries)
- Campus Journals Student Guide
- Campus GL Journals Cheatsheet
- Billing Accounts
- Campus Journals Exercises
- Campus Journals PowerPoint
Campus Vendors (Vendor Create)
Campus Vouchers (Voucher Create)
- Chartfields Structure
- Chartfields Quick Reference Card
- Chartfields Lookup Exercises
- Chartfields String
- Combo Edits Exercise
- ConnectCarolina College Department IDs (Updated July 2016)
- Cost Code Pre-Fix List (UPDATED – 12/16/2015)
- Object vs Account Codes
- Program Code List
- Purpose Code Definitions
- Understanding Trust Accounts
- College Chartfields 101 PowerPoint
Funding Swaps and Salary Source Changes
- Funding Swaps Student Guide
- Commitment Accounting 101
- Funding Swaps Quick Reference Card
- Retroactive Funding Swaps Quick Reference Card
- Lump Sum Payment
- Funding Swaps and Lump Sum Payments Exercises
- Funding Swap and Salary Source Changes PowerPoint
Managing Campus Budgets
- Campus Budgets Student Guide
- Budgeting 101 (Tabloid Format)
- Budgeting 101 Budget Definition Matrix
- Rollup Accounts
- Rollup Source
- Campus Budgets Exercises Workbook
- Campus Budgets Exercises (KEY)
- CAS UNCCH Budget Definition Matrix
- Accounts for State Child Budgeting
- Calculating Salary Savings
Purchase Requisitions and Receiving
- Purchase Requisitions and Receiving Student Guide
- Overview of Procurement Quick Reference Card
- Purchase Requisitions and Receiving Exercises
- Purchase Requisitions and Receiving PowerPoint
START HERE! – Access Presentation– Overview of the access process
Links to forms
- Access Request Forms – Link to ConnectCarolina & InfoPorte access forms
- *Pcard Application– Supplemental form for a new pcard. Must also submit with a ConnectCarolina finance access form.
- *Pcard Works Maintenance Form – Supplemental form to update pcard group officials. Must also submit with a ConnectCarolina finance access form.
- Surplus Property Management Registration Form– Supplemental form to register a SPMS user. Must also submit with a ConnectCarolina finance access form.
- *Travel & Entertainment Card Application – Supplemental form for a new T&E card. Must also submit with a ConnectCarolina finance access form and signed card holder agreement form.
- *TIM Administrator Access Request Form – Use this form for TIM Administrator access (not TIM Supervisor)
*Completion of training required before submitting request.
Other Helpful Info
- Register for a Class
- Obtaining a PCard or T&E Card
- How do I get access to…? – One page document on where/how to get any access needed.
- FERPA – Everyone who has access to the HR/Payroll or Student Administration parts of ConnectCarolina needs to complete FERPA training.
- GradStar Resources
Still have questions? Contact your Access Request Coordinator – Joy Montemorano